Because our office offers so many wellness treatment options, as well as specialized chiropractic care, there are many conditions we’ve helped people with. Below is a summary of some of the health care services we provide with some of the more common conditions or issues that have responded consistently to that service:
1. Chiropractic Spinal Adjusting – In the vast majority of cases, neck and back pain has an underlying “biomechanical” root cause. This means that the bones that make up the spine (vertebrae) have lost their normal motion and/or proper position or alignment. When that’s the case, you can’t swallow a pill that will get the joints more mobile or change the position of a misaligned bone. Spinal manipulation therapy (i.e. chiropractic adjustments) however will fix this problem. These treatments are gentle, feel very good, and are completely safe when done by someone with training and experience…and Dr. Beyer has been giving these treatments 20-30 times a day for over 25 years!
2. Decompression Therapy – Sometimes the unresolved biomechanical problems described above can lead to the cartilage padding between the bones tearing enough to cause it to “bulge” (i.e. a “slipped” or “herniated disc”). When this happens, a gentle yet effective separation of the spinal bones can reduce the pressure within the disc enough to cause the “bulged” part (which is often putting pressure on the nerves in the area) to recede back to its normal position. We have specialized non-surgical spinal decompression tables to treat herniated disc problems causing sciatica. This treatment option is also very effective for degenerative disc conditions AND, for spinal stenosis, which often is the cause of leg pain, hip pain, and/or leg foot numbness.
3. Cold Laser Therapy – Use by many pro-athlete teams, low level laser therapy (A.K.A. “cold laser” because it’s non-heat producing), is an excellent therapy choice for many “soft tissue” problems such as:
– Shoulder pain due to rotator cuff or tendonitis
– Knee pain due to tendon or meniscus tears
– Carpal tunnel syndrome
Cold laser can be used in conjunction with other therapies for other conditions, but these are ones that very consistently respond to this excellent treatment modality.
4. “Hako-Med” Microcurrent – This is a specialized type of electric- stim device which is very useful and effective in treating peripheral neuropathy. This is because while there are hundreds of electric-stim machines available, “Hako-med” is the only one that can both electrically AND biochemically stimulate small nerves. This makes it an excellent therapy option to help heal the damaged small nerves of the feet and/or hands in peripheral neuropathy, even when it’s a diabetic neuropathy.
5. Functional Medicine– When a functional medicine intervention is done right, which includes the appropriate objective labs, it’s amazing the relief people can experience from even the most stubborn conditions…THERE IS HOPE! Below is a list of some of the issues I’ve consistently had success in helping people with:
- Hormone imbalance: especially of the thyroid and adrenal (stress) glands, as well as male and female hormone issues causing hot flashes, PMS, and libido problems in men and women.
- Fatigue: one of the most common complaints this often has multiple contributing causes such as the hormone imbalances mentioned above as well as chronic infections, digestive problems and/or autoimmune disorders.
- Digestive/Gastrointestinal: gas/bloating, constipation/diarrhea are probably second on the list of most common symptoms after fatigue. Often there is intestinal permeability, food intolerances, gut infections and/or small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) issues going on.
- Autoimmune disorder: by far the most common cause of hypothyroid is an autoimmune condition called “Hashimotos” and I help a ton of people with this condition. But other autoimmune disorders such as celiac, Crohns, ulcerative colitis and rheumatoid arthritis respond well to a functional medicine approach which identifies, and then addresses the underlying stressors to the dysfunctioning immune system.
- Migraine Headaches: with these types of headaches, as opposed to the common “stress” headache, there is almost always a metabolic component.
- Mental Health: it is well established that neurotransmitters (especially serotonin, dopamine and GABA) imbalances are associated with depression and anxiety.
6. Functional Neurology – often the metabolic issues people have will also in turn cause areas of “fatigue” within the nervous system. These electrically “fatigued”, areas can often be a part of such conditions as:
- “Brain fog”
- Sleep problems
- Depression/ Anxiety
The good news is that with specific sensory based exercises (see page on functional neurology) these areas of fatigue can be corrected, which is why with functional neurology treatments we’ve had success with the above issues.
7. Acupuncture – Thousands of years old, this ancient treatment method has had success in too many conditions to list here! Dr. Beyer has been certified in acupuncture since graduating Chiropractic college in 1994 and having this treatment option to offer his patients along with everything else listed above, makes his office very unique and truly a “Functional Wellness” clinic.
8. Regenerative Medicine – Coming Soon